Sunday, May 2, 2010

Another day, another peso.


Ryan setting up lights for the shot. The worst thing about working with Ryan Mann is that he tries to light every single thing like the climax of "Coyote Ugly" because that's his favorite movie.


Matt stares at things to not feel uncomfortable. See what I mean about the "Coyote Ugly" inspired lighting? It took me this long to figure out exactly what Noah's style is and I finally found it with this fucking awesome shirt.


Fun fact: you can see me in this picture.
Funner fact: Andrew dresses like this normally.


I forgot what I was doing here but I was probably scolding him for doing something wrong.




Yesterday we shot some more for the movie! You may think that the entire movie is shot in a bathroom from the other post but that's not the case. I decided to re-shoot it because I didn't love how the Noah half of the scene came out (neither did Matt for that matter) and we're crippled in making movies in many ways but one thing we're not crippled in is time availability. If we have time, we're going to use it to do it over and over and over until it's right. It's the first time I ever felt tyrannical but it's okay because in the end it'll be worth it. It's also the first time I ever stopped someone mid-performance, something I always found rude, to have them do it differently. Third thing I did differently: I think this is the first time I changed my own dialogue in the middle of a take. Last time we did this scene we did it in about an hour. We took about four hours on it this time, and it shows. The shots were beautiful and so was the lighting and the performances were much much better.

 I can't wait to shoot the next scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment